1. High frequency electrical phenomena
|Step(s) to Follow||Expected Result|
1. Turn on coil.
2. Adjust gap and dial to create adequate spark.
3. Hold fluorescent bulb in 1 hand.
4. Bring bulb near coil
|Bulb will light up, with the brightest part near hands.|
1. Do not run with the input tap higher than 4 - the farther apart they are, the more likely arcing is to occur.
2. Do not run for more than 1 minute at a time
Additional procedures (retired for safety reasons) are included in the paper documentation on the TLC desk for reference, if desired