1. In a mixed circuit, in series, the highest resistance will have the greatest voltage drop.
2. As parallel branches are added, the total resistance of the circuit decreases.
|Step(s) to Follow||Expected Result|
1. Connect 1 25-W bulb and the 90-W bulb in series with the switch.
2. Note the brightness of each bulb.
3. Add a 2nd 25-W bulb in parallel with the 1st 25-W bulb.
4. Note the brightness of the first 2 bulbs.
5. Add the 3rd 25-W bulb in parallel with the first 2 bulbs.
6. Note the brightness of each of the bulbs.
As bulbs are added in parallel:
a. The brightness of the 25-W bulb will note change.
b. The brightness of the 90-W bulb will increase